You know you're going to be exhausted when school lets out for the summer.
Somehow, the summer always gets away from you.
Then you're right back in the classroom, wishing you had taken a serious break.
You need an affordable, summer restoration weekend.
Join us for a peaceful weekend on the side of a beautiful mountain in rural Maryland.
July 20 - 22, 2018 (Friday - Sunday)
What's Included in the Weekend:
- Two nights of lodging in air-conditioned residence hall with private bedroom and shared bathroom with one other person (Powell Hall)
- All meals in the dining hall with a wide variety of foods (Friday night dinner, 3 meals on Saturday, Sunday brunch)
- A restorative yoga class on Saturday provided by a Quest Fitness Instructor
- The company of other women who are also ready to enjoy a retreat
- Lots of free, unstructured time to spend exactly how you want
- A goody bag with surprises!
What do you need to bring?
- Linens for your bed (Twin XL mattress, but queen size sheets will fit)
- Towels and toiletries for the bathroom
Limited Spots Available
Button Here for Paying
Pay the $99 deposit now to reserve your spot for early-bird pricing (goes up 03/01/17)!
Put your email address below if you would like reminders to register before the deadline:
Box here for Email
Meet your host - Caitlin Faas, Ph.D., is a psychology professor and coach, committed to helping people become their best selves on their academic path. She is in her fifth year teaching at Mount St. Mary's University (read more on her LinkedIn Profile). She can't wait to help you have a restorative weekend.
Questions and Answers:
What else is there to do at the retreat location?
- A peaceful walk up to the National Shrine Grotto.
- The use of classrooms where you can spend time crafting, writing, watching movies on the projector, or spending time with your friends.
- There are several hiking options in the area and an on-campus walking trail.
- Historic Gettysburg, PA is 20 minutes away with several wineries and local shopping options.
- The Gettysburg Outlets are nearby (no tax on clothing in PA!).
- Multiple chapels on campus for reflection time or Sunday church services.
Do I have to go to the scheduled events?
- Absolutely not - it's your retreat!
- Food will be offered during designated times in the dining hall, but you are not required to eat with us.
- Yoga is completely optional, but also open to complete beginners.
Who can attend?
- Any woman who is over 21 years old.
- No children or pets are allowed.
What if I have a food allergy or dietary preferences?
- Our dining hall has you covered.
- All of the food is a la carte or buffet style, so you can choose what you want to eat.
- If you have a food allergy, we will tell dining services ahead of time and they can make arrangements for you.
Can I have a private room?
- Each bedroom is already private - the only thing you would share with roommates is the bathroom.
- We can make arrangements for private suites if you prefer, just let me know.
- We have a lot of flexibility on the rooms. Think of it like a nice hotel without linens or toiletries.
Do I have to stay on campus?
- Staying on campus with us is not required, you can always drive to campus each day.
- Without the room, the retreat weekend cost is $199, which includes everything else.
- Parking is free.
How is campus accessibility?
- The distance between our rooms and dining hall is a five minute walk across campus that is accessible to wheelchairs.
- If you have any mobility or accessibility issues, we can make arrangements for transportation.
What if I end up not being able to go?
- The deposit is non-refundable. Full payments will be non-refundable after May 1, 2018.
- If you need to cancel, we can help you find a replacement (without guarantees).
- In the event of weather or emergency cancellation, an alternative date or refund will be offered.
Have additional questions? Ask them here: