You got into this career because you were passionate about education.
But now you're feeling burnt out and exhausted. You're not alone.
I want you to re-engage with your academic career.
You need a summer restoration retreat.
Join women just like you for a recharging weekend full of ideas, inspiration, and activities.
All focused on helping you get excited and energized for the new school year.
Why should you attend?
You want inspiration and time to pause and reflect on what you want from the new school year
You know you need to recharge and unplug somewhere without distractions and family
You want to connect with other women in education who are struggling with the same issues
What's included in the weekend?
- Two nights of lodging in air-conditioned residence hall with private bedroom and shared bathroom in a suite of 2-4 people (Powell Hall)
- All meals in the dining hall with a wide variety of foods (Friday night dinner, 3 meals on Saturday, Sunday brunch)
- Workshops to help you reflect and set goals for the new academic year
- A goody bag with surprises and pampering products from Sabbatical Beauty!
You take care of everyone else, isn't it time to take care of yourself this summer?
What's on the schedule?
- Friday night dinner with interaction (starting at 5-6pm)
- Saturday breakfast with reflection activities
- Restorative yoga class
- Visualization and Goal Setting Workshop with Dr. Caitlin Faas
- Saturday lunch with interaction
- Afternoon workshop
- Saturday dinner with interaction
- Sunday brunch with reflection activities (all completed before 11am)
What do I need to bring?
- Linens for your bed (Twin XL mattress, but queen size sheets will fit)
- Towels and toiletries for the bathroom
Remind yourself about the legacy and impact you want to make in the world.
2018 Registration is Closed
Enter your email address here if you would like information about the 2019 Retreat:
Meet your host - Caitlin Faas, Ph.D., is a psychology professor and coach, committed to helping people become their best selves on their academic path. She is in her fifth year teaching at Mount St. Mary's University (read more on her LinkedIn Profile). She can't wait to help you have a productive and recharging weekend.
Questions and Answers:
What else is there to do at the retreat location?
- A peaceful walk up to the National Shrine Grotto.
- There are several hiking options in the area and an on-campus walking trail.
- Historic Gettysburg, PA is 20 minutes away with several wineries and local shopping options.
- Multiple chapels on campus for reflection time or Sunday church services.
Do I have to go to all events and workshops?
- Absolutely not - it's your retreat time. My goal for you is to make it exactly what you need it to be.
- Good food will be offered during designated times in the dining hall, but you are not required to eat with us.
- Yoga is completely optional and appropriate for all levels.
Who can attend?
- Any woman who is over 21 years old and connected to education (part-time or full-time professors, teachers, staff, administrators, etc).
- No children or pets allowed.
What if I have a food allergy or dietary preferences?
- Our dining hall has you covered.
- All of the food is a la carte or buffet style, so you can choose what you want to eat.
- If you have a food allergy, we will tell dining services ahead of time and they can make arrangements for you.
Can I have a private room?
- Each bedroom is already private - the only thing you share with suitemates is the bathroom.
- We can make arrangements for private suites if you prefer, just let me know.
- We have a lot of flexibility on the rooms. Think of it like a nice hotel without linens or toiletries.
Do I have to stay on campus?
- Staying on campus with us is not required, you can always drive to campus each day.
- Without the room, the retreat weekend cost is $99, which includes everything else.
- Parking is free.
How is campus accessibility?
- The distance between our rooms and dining hall is a five minute walk across campus that is accessible to wheelchairs.
- If you have any mobility or accessibility issues, we can make arrangements for transportation.
What if I end up not being able to go?
- The deposit is non-refundable. Full payments will be non-refundable after the deadline.
- If you need to cancel, we can help you find a replacement (without guarantees).
- In the event of weather or emergency cancellation, an alternative date or refund will be offered.
Have additional questions? Ask them here:
Disclaimer - This retreat is not sponsored or endorsed by Mount St. Mary's University.